Blanden Art Museum
920 3rd Ave S
The Blanden Memorial Art Museum was constructed in 1932 as the first art museum in Iowa in the Historic Oak Hill District. Charles Blanden donated the funding to build the museum.
809 Central Ave
The building that housed the Boston Store at 809 Central Ave., consisted of four floors and a basement for the retail activity and a balcony for the general offices, mail order department, credit department and exchange desk. The third floor also featured a small restaurant and tea room.
605 1st Ave N.
Built in 1903, the Carnegie Library was considered one of the best libraries of its time.
1007 & 1003 Central Ave.
The 8-story high Carver Building, built in 1922, housed over 150 office rooms and suites
First National Bank/Beh Building
629 Central Ave.
Built in 1908, this was one of Fort Dodge’s most prestigious buildings
Fort Dodge Armory
710 1st Ave N
The armory in Fort Dodge was built in 1904, spearheaded by the City’s Commercial Club (Chamber of Commerce) which raise $8,000 to construct the castle-like building that house the National Guard Regiment and provided a venue for the community band and various civic events.
710 1st Ave N
For the thousands who frequented the ballroom over the years, the brick building with loft seating that rings the wooden dance floor holds many special memories.
819 1st Ave S
In February of 1914, the commissioners of the city of Fort Dodge unveiled their plan to build a new city hall that would house the various city departments, the police, jail and fire department.
610 Central Ave.
This eight-story building built in 1916 was the tallest structure in Fort Dodge.
805 Central Ave.
Built in 1915, the Snell Building was seven stories tall and Fort Dodge’s first “skyscraper.”
927 Central Ave.
The Wahkonsa Hotel (currently Wahkonsa Manor) is a five-story, plus basement building, featuring symmetrical brick facades with Italian Renaissance Revival-style influenced brick detailing including quoining and relief brickwork.
Warden Plaza Building
908 1st Ave S
The sheer half-block size of downtown Fort Dodge’s Warden Plaza is enough to pique one’s curiosity, but a brief glimpse at the building’s rich history confirms its significant place in the city’s past history.
Webster County Courthouse
701 Central Ave.
The courthouse when finally turned over to the county, was a plain, two story' stone building, fifty by one hundred feet in size. The basement was used for the county jail, the first floor for offices, and the second floor for the courtroom and court offices.